Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Here's to 2015...



This year...

I will read more, and not waste so much time on social media or trying to conquer the geography section on Trivia Crack.

I will wash my face before bed and apply moisturizer because I'm 42 and sleeping in makeup isn't helping anything.

I will try to meal plan so that swinging by the Mexican place (those guys are fast!) on the way home isn't so tempting.

I will go on a mom/son date with each boy every month because time is going so fast it feels like I can't breathe when I think about it too much.

I will purge the clutter so that I don't get angry about something on the counter only to realize that I'm not sure where it goes either.

I will get rid of kitchen items I haven't used in 12 years, because seriously???

I will do a load of laundry every day. Mom, stop laughing.

I will get more active doing fun things I enjoy doing, and not chain myself to an unrealistic workout plan that I despise before it even starts.

I will realize that getting more healthy does not have to be unrealistic or brutal.

I will drink more water because I'm pretty sure I have been mostly dehydrated for four decades.

I will try not to use my car as a trash can.

I will not only write when inspired, but also during a set time every day, even if I only write one paragraph.

I will try to learn more about my computer so that I don't almost cry every time I use it.

I will take time to be still and breathe every day so that the person with 5,000 coupons in the checkout line doesn't make me so nervous.

We will plan our outfits the night before church, because while headed to church and while trying to take a Christmas card photo celebrating Jesus' birth shouldn't be the two times you always feel like you head is about to spin around.

I will realize that taking a big group of boys to a field to throw a football around for a while, can be more fun than expensive outings. #simplicity

I will realize that kids may remember game night more than the trampoline park or movie or arcade.

I will surround myself with the people I love and who love me, and we will experience wonderful adventures in the new year.

I will reach out to new people I feel certain I have a connection with and see if new friendships bloom.

I will realize that standing up for what is right is more important than making everyone happy.

I will learn better to "let it go."

I will play more music in the house.

I will realize that kindness, even a simple smile, can go a really long way.

I will realize that putting on makeup and dressing well in the morning really does make you feel better the whole day. (Thanks for the tip, Dixie Carter.)

I will try to realize that though I feel like I truly am nocturnal, I really need to do better on the whole sleep thing.

I will keep my house presentable so that I could easily yell to a family taking an evening walk, "Come on in," and not want to die of embarrassment.

I will host even more (and I host a good bit I think) gatherings, because I've learned that no one minds if it's potluck.

I will try to focus on every magical moment with my family, lay distractions aside, and try to soak up the essence of even the simplest of moments.

I will try to give up over analyzing.

I will learn that's it's okay to say, "Thank you! I really appreciate your asking, but I don't really think it's something I would be interested in."

I will realize that even if I eat better in 2015, I'm not going to give up cheese dips. That is simply never happening.

And last but not least, I will realize that if I master even five things on this list, I'm doing A-okay!!!

Happy New Year!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment