Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Those Summer Moments

Spending seven hours stranded in my house while waiting for the air conditioner repairman AND scraping something sticky off the wall using my Pampered Chef stone bar pan scraper to avoid paint damage AND spilling Hawaiian Punch all over the counter AND accidentally painting a spot on my wall the wrong color AND going outside to hide from my children so that I could please, for the love of all that is sacred, try to read for two minutes, was not exactly how I imagined that my first official day of summer break would go.
But as someone smart and intuitive once said, I think a Beatle?, life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.
Every time I make grand statements like, "This is going to be the best summer EVAHHHH," I am surely setting myself up. That may be the exact moment that someone starts vomiting.
That is when I must remind myself that there are no perfect summers, and there are no totally perfect days, but there ARE perfect moments. And some days have LOTS of perfect moments.
Take today for instance. Watching my oldest sit on the floor of the bookstore with my youngest and helping him find a book he liked- perfect moment. Listening to my youngest sing Bruno Mars in the backseat with the most earnest expression , "I hope he buys you flowers..." Another perfect moment.
My oldest wanting me to sit with him after a day of fun and watch a Braves game he recorded- awesome.
My youngest trying to shoot ground beef out of his nose at Lime, the Mexican restaurant where we had lunch. Ummm, no.
So no, the summer will not be perfect. A whole day will not even be completely perfect.
And for those days when there are hardly ANY perfect moments, there ARE fruity summer umbrella drinks.
But here's to hoping we all have a summer of many, many perfect MOMENTS:)

No comments:

Post a Comment