Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Keep On Moving On

There is nothing worse than having potential good news at 11:45 at night. Everyone is asleep, and unless you are dying or having a baby, they probably won't be too happy for you to wake them up.

My husband shared in my excitement and then went to bed. My husband is happy and laid back, but not an excitable man. He has a Clint Eastwood type personality. Which is good, since I seem to have a Lucille Ball type personality. The most excited I have ever seen him is when our newborn peed into my mouth from across the room, as I mentioned in an earlier blog. But right now I need one of "my girls" to talk to...RIGHT NOW. I may just dig a hole and scream into it. I was literally shaking all over earlier.
 
If I hadn't just had wine (one glass), I would be tempted to go to the Waffle House and talk to someone, ANYONE. Surely someone would be there. And they would probably be drunk so they would be very receptive to letting me tell my story and probably agree with everything I said.

Today is a perfect example that we NEVER know what each day holds. We always tend to use that statement in a negative way. Sort of like, "Enjoy every moment because you never know what life changing horrible event can happen next." But we never focus on the positive things. For example, you could be sitting at Captain D's and someone could walk up an offer you the job of a lifetime. THE JOB OF A LIFETIME, literally, while you are popping a fried shrimp into your mouth. You just never know. But it reminds me of Field of Dreams. "Build it and they will come." Do what you love, and magical things will happen. 
 
So this blog is dedicated to a friend of mine. W--you know who you are. We all need friends who lift us up and celebrate in who we are. Friends who push us even when we don't want to be pushed. Who tell us the truth, even when we don't want to hear it.
 
It's fascinating to me that you can be sitting on the computer one minute just horsing around or playing Words With Friends on your phone and then suddenly--WHAM--you are inspired to do something crazy, take a risk, throw it out there. And then...WHOA! You get what you wouldn't even allow yourself to hope for. Right then. Unexpected. Random.

I'm sorry I can't go into details yet. I don't want to jinx myself. But let's just say that very soon, either all my dreams will come true, or you may find my curled up in my closet sucking my thumb. That's when I will need reinforcements. My family and friends. The true rocks of your life.
 
But I just had to let this all out, or I will never get to sleep. I still probably won't.
 
But the important lesson I've learned tonight is this. Sometimes you just have to stop waiting for the perfect moment. THERE NEVER WILL BE A PERFECT MOMENT FOR ANYTHING.
 
You have to stop worrying about the logistics of everything. Listen to Nike, and JUST DO IT!!! If someone rejects you because you worded something wrong or because of a typo, or because you didn't wear the right color for that interview, etc., well, that's just baloney. It's analysis paralysis, and it gets you nowhere. They either like you and what you have to offer or they don't. And if they don't, there is someone who will.
 
Keep on trucking.
 
Melissa
PS: All typos are to be blamed on the cheapest glass of red wine that Publix offers that was purchased to use in a crockpot beef tip recipe:)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats in your mysterious news;-) really hope it is what I think it is but will not speak aloud. You totally deserve "it" (the good news) and so much more - hugs from afar and high fives!!!

    ReplyDelete